My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.foell.org/jessi/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Air Judge It

After about 7 years of performing, 6 or 7 years of teaching, I'm finally in training to be a Winter Guard judge. Tomorrow is the second time I'll be using a tape recorder other than making my making my own radio shows. The first time was when I was asked to critique a marching band show. It was rainy and windy and I commented about the use of their flags (or lack of) without realizing they were told to "air flag it."

I'm an idiot.

But I'm much smarter now and know I should probably not comment on such things. Now it's things like:
strength
hand placement
timing!
blah blah blah your guard sucks blah blah

Ok, never say that last part. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. That rule applies 100%. Or just make crap up. I learned that from Tony. Or maybe not. I think I made that part up as a quick back-up plan. Because you've always gotta have a back-up plan.

Hey we all had to start somewhere. Even if it was performing a painful looking show. And I'm sure the judges were just so nice to us. Because back then, they "appreciated" everything we did.

"I appreciate what I see." Which now translates to "blah blah blah your guard sucks blah blah."

7 comments:

Tony, the Restless Foodie said...

blah blah blah you don't suck blah blah blah

Jessi said...

So how'd you do? I see you were bored. Oh Regional A guards.

Tony, the Restless Foodie said...

After having that horible lunch and eating ALONE I couldn't get my stomach to settle down. Then we had all those incomplete shows to watch. Thankfully I managed not to embarrase myself and vomit my lunch.

Jessi said...

Sorry, you can blame the horrible lunch on Justin AND for letting you eat alone.

BUT the meatballs from IKEA were f***ing fantastic!

Tony, the Restless Foodie said...

Ya - we had our own f***ing fantastic IKEA meatballs last night!

Jessi said...

Oh man! I'll have to make ours tonight. But I want to save them cause we got one bag.

BUT, I did find a recipe so there's hope.

Tony, the Restless Foodie said...

Just 1 bag?! I guess you're planning on return visits to S. Cal.!