My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.foell.org/jessi/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mind Blown

I was cleaning out my coupon book and, in my head, it made sense to keep all coupons that were 11/1 and beyond. This was 2 days ago.

So that's where my heads been. Not with it. Not realizing November is over. It's not like life went fast. No, there were plenty of slow days. I just had no idea I celebrated Thanksgiving when looking at expiration dates of 10/31.

Month gone, poof. No recollection of it.

I recently took the Myers-Briggs personality test for work. To see my personality on paper, mind blown I tell ya. I thought it'd be some surface personality traits that are obvious until I read:

Since ISFPs believe that what they do speaks for itself, they do not attract much attention. Thus others may overlook their contributions, leading ISFPs to feel underappreciated and less adequate than they really are.


YES, THIS! Being overlooked is so frustrating and so true. Am adequate, am underappreciated. Everyone needs praise, no matter what the personality.

Some more results:

Keep personal thoughts and feelings to yourself in many circumstances; as a result, some people see you as hard to get to know.


Maybe?

May be quite talkative and witty with familiar people.


Nope.

May be seen by others as resistant to change, although you may not see yourself that way.


Yep, I don't like change.

Expect others to respond to you with kindness.


Doesn't everyone?

Like to wait, see what happens, and then “wing it.”


Is that bad?

After reading all 17 pages(!) of it, I came to the conclusion that if people saw my test results, they'd think I was a doormat. Hey, walk right HERE! She's got no spine!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding?

So, what do you think? Have you taken this test? Did you find it was spot on or you have no idea who that person is on paper?

4 comments:

Todd said...

I dunno, you tell me
ENFJ (AKA Teachers)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teacher_(Role_Variant)

I'm TOTALLY like Mikhael Gorbachev, Pope John Paul II, Ralph Nader and especially Oprah Winfrey :-)

Heather said...

I would have pegged you more of an ESTJ. It seems pretty accurate for mine...I should have been a librarian.

Tony, the Restless Foodie said...

I don't trust that shit.

Jessi said...

Maybe what we think of ourselves isn't really how we are? Who knows.

But now that I've read mine, it does seem accurate. But ESTJ would be how I see myself. Meh.